Steps to Prepare your Home for your
Professional Carpet Cleaning Appointment.
It's cleaning day!
You want to get the most from your appointment.
I look forward to making your carpets healthful, odor-free, and thoroughly clean.
There are only a few things that I ask you to do to prepare for smooth sailing on cleaning day — and some tips to get the most from my service...
1. Protect Items and Furnishings
Please remove lamps, vases, and other fragile or breakable items from tabletops.
Pin up full-length draperies so they are at least 6 inches off the floor. You can use pins or clothing pins. Also, please pin up the skirts on upholstered furniture and bed coverings that are touching the floor.
A Little Dusting Helps
Dusting your furniture and the baseboards in each room prior to your carpet cleaning appointment will help ensure that the dust won't end up on your newly-cleaned carpet.
2. Clear the Floors
Please remove small items like floor plants, ottomans, small tables, magazine racks, dining room chairs, and anything on the floor that would hinder the cleaning process.
I also would appreciate the floors to be free of personal items, toys, books, etc.
I'll be glad to help you move light furniture such as dining room chairs and small coffee tables.
3. Secure Your Pets
Pets should be secured or gated away from the areas being cleaned. The noise from some of the cleaning equipment may frighten some pets. And we want to prevent your pets from getting loose, as the door will be open (to allow for hoses) during your cleaning. Please make arrangements for your pets prior to my arrival.
4. Please Free Up Space for my Truck-Mounted Equipment
I use powerful, truck-mounted equipment, so I'll need to park my vehicle as close as possible to an entry door in order to run hoses for the cleaning equipment. The closer the better. And I'll also need a little room to work around my van.
If you intend to leave whilst I am working, please remove your vehicle out of the garage and park on the road.
I will also need access to a hose bib usually found outside or in the garage.
Also, please do not block the hallway access to the area to be cleaned with the furniture that you removed from the area. I will need at least a 3-foot pathway.
For Condominiums, I will need:
• at least 2 adjacent, open parking spaces close to the property to be cleaned,
• a hose bib within 100 feet of my van, and
• a safe route to run hoses to and from my truck-mount that is not a tripping hazard for others, and so no vehicle can accidentally run over and crush my hoses.
5. Prepare for our Pre-Inspection Walk-through
Although a full inspection is part of my complete 10-step carpet cleaning process, nobody knows your home better than you do!
Please take notes of your highest traffic lanes, and any stains or spots that you are particularly concerned about, and show me during the pre-inspection. That way, I can give those area(s) some extra care — and apply special techniques if necessary — and you can have the peace of mind knowing that I will address these areas.
Please also let me know of any special instructions to follow, or if there are any broken or fragile furnishings, with weak legs, or loose tops.
6. Prepare for After Your Cleaning
It's a good idea to plan ahead for the necessary drying time after your cleaning.
For best results, follow these tips after your cleaning:
• Please leave plastic tabs and blocks under your furniture for 48 hours.
• Avoid walking on the carpet (especially with shoes) until the carpet is dry. This can take 2 to 8 hours, depending on humidity and temperature.
• Providing air flow by opening windows, turning on fans, and running A/C or heat will help speed up the drying process.
• Don't let your kids or pets lie down on the carpet until it is completely dry.
• Slipping hazard: Please use caution when walking from the damp carpet to any hard-surface area.
Your cooperation helps me do a better job for you.
My full service consists of pre-inspecting, pre-spotting, pre-spraying, and pre-grooming your carpet to prepare for a powerful rotary extraction method that uses high pressure hot water and safe and effective cleaning agents. The water, cleaning agents, dirt and other contaminants are immediately and thoroughly "extracted" from the carpet by a very powerful, truck-mounted vacuum system, leaving your carpets deeply cleaned, soft, fresh, and free of soil-attracting residue.